Live Webinar Series
Football is back, and so are our predictions!
It might be a year late, but the Euros are here, and we are kicking off our Analytics & Data Science in Sport series. We will aim to predict who will win the tournament. We’ll go behind the scenes into the minds of football analysts, and give you all the opportunity to get involved.
In part one, we’ll get the ball rolling with an introduction to advanced analytics, as we use historical match data to predict the outcome of each of the group games.
During this webinar you will learn about:
- The predictive analytics process
- Applying simple hypotheses and building a model
- Predicting the results of sports fixtures
- How you can get involved and create your own predictions
Thursday, 24 June 2021
10:00 BST / 11:00 CEST
In the second webinar, we will be assessing the effectiveness of our model and those built by the Community. We will then be able to dive deeper into the analytics and the approaches that professional sporting organisations may implement.
During this webinar you will learn more about:
- How the model performed and how this can be optimised
- Predictions for the eventual winner of the tournament
- Real life examples of analytics at work
- How these learnings can be applied to your business
Position: CSM (Customer Success Manager) / CAM (Central Attacking Midfield)
Favourite Player: Scott “McSauce” McTominay
Predicted Winner: Portugal
Career Highlight: Scored a hattrick during Alteryx 5-a-side
Position: SE (Sales Engineer) / CDM (Central Defensive Midfield)
Favourite Player:Phil Foden
Predicted Winner: England
Career Highlight: Travelling to watch England lose to Iceland